As the leader in the Electrical Test and Measurement Equipment Rental Industry, we are actively seeking people with talent and potential. You will need to be driven, flexible and have a team-oriented approach to bring out the best in yourself and those around you. If you have what it takes, we can promise you all the training and support you need to make the most of the ever-growing world of opportunity our business can offer.
The Inside Sales Representative’s role is to develop business opportunities by responding efficiently to customer inquiries and by aligning customers with the proper equipment and solutions for their electrical testing equipment needs. Primary duties include inbound and outbound calling, email communication, order fulfillment, and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone and email, assist existing and potential customers during their evaluation process, create quotes, enter new customer accounts, coordinate with Outside Sales and Operations teams and close sales
- Keep management informed by maintaining accurate customer and pipeline records
- Provide customers with product information and documentation as requested
- Collaborate with the Territory Manager to assist customers and grow revenue of all Protec business lines within a territory.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager
- Passion for selling and assisting customers
- Enthusiastic and self-starting approach
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical theory, electrical contracting, and/or electrical test equipment
- Efficiently work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Should be outgoing and have outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Sales or customer service experience in B2B
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and Exchange
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
Protec Equipment Resources is a leader in the Electrical Test and Measurement Equipment Rental Industry and is experiencing tremendous growth. We are actively seeking hardworking, dependable people that possess the drive and teamwork to bring out the best in themselves as well as those around them.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Calibration technicians to meet all the needs of customers.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in a way that comply with company plans and vision.
- Follow and maintain costs as they relate to running an efficient calibration laboratory.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Manage both in lab calibration work as well as onsite calibration.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Ensure employees are following procedures and policies to keep them and others safe.
- Verify equipment accuracy by comparison to known standards.
- Adjust equipment as necessary to meet industry standards for accuracy and customer requirements.
- Follow documented processes to perform a combination of manual and automated calibrations, utilizing automation software.
- Utilize company software system to input data necessary to manage inventory.
- Maintain lab and storage areas in a neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Maintain all shop equipment in good, safe working order.
- Assist in quality control and safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; participates in meetings; listens and gets clarification; writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; reads and interprets written information.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance. Consistently completes tasks, projects, and assignments on time, with or without direct supervision and under routine and varying circumstances.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities and goals; exhibits openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; develops realistic action plans.
- Critical Thinking - Proactive anticipation of issues; develops solutions.
- Initiative/Motivation - A self-starter; needs little oversight or direction; takes action beyond what is expected to complete assignments; willing to take on new responsibilities without being asked.
- Results - Focuses on completing essential tasks within an appropriate timeframe; is effective at setting priorities; demonstrates proficiency in both the quality and quantity of work; effectiveness of performance under pressure and/or opposition. Able to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Self- Development - Demonstrates an openness and attitude of learning and developing; is committed to improving themselves by seeking to utilize their strengths and work on weaknesses; strives for excellence; takes advantage of training opportunities.
- Be able to fill out documentation
- Proficient in interpreting data derived from testing in order to determine acceptable testing parameters
- Knowledge of electricity a plus.
- Managing remote teams, a plus.
- Experience with onsite calibration a plus.
- Knowledge of proper adjustment procedures for test and measurement equipment and repair techniques.
- Prefer PMEL, METCAL, TMDE qualifications but not necessary with other work experience.
- S. Degree in a technical field or ASQ Calibration Technician Certification (CCT, or PMEL)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a management or supervisor role.
- Good driving record with the ability to drive a company vehicle
- Have or willing to obtain First Aid/ AED/ CPR Cert.
- Be able to pass drug and background checks
Work Environment, Equipment, Physical Demands
This list represents the demands that the position requires. The list may not be all-inclusive.
- Must be able to lift to 75 lbs.
- Frequent bending, pushing, pulling
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (to operate tools)
- Physical coordination (sequential or simultaneous use of hands, arms, feet, and legs)
- Close vision (clear vision at 20” or less)
- Extended periods of reading fine print
- Frequent sitting for long periods
- Requires occasional regional driving
- Occasional weekend work as needed
- Occasional on-call work
- Frequent use of hand tools
- Frequent use of hand trucks