As the leader in the Electrical Test and Measurement Equipment Rental Industry, we are actively seeking people with talent and potential. You will need to be driven, flexible and have a team-oriented approach to bring out the best in yourself and those around you. If you have what it takes, we can promise you all the training and support you need to make the most of the ever-growing world of opportunity our business can offer.
Protec Equipment Resources is a leader in the Electrical Test and Measurement Equipment Rental Industry. For over 15 years, Protec has been providing service and solutions to testing firms, equipment manufacturers, and engineering and construction firms. We now have eight locations across the U.S. and are continuously expanding our reach and capabilities. We are always seeking dependable, hardworking people who possess a drive and a teamwork mentality to be a part of our exciting company.
If you are looking for a great opportunity with a growing company, this could be the one for you. We offer a fun, team environment with competitive pay and 100% employee paid benefits! We promote employee wellness and offer paid time off and gym membership reimbursement.
Protec Equipment Resources is looking for an Operations Specialist to join our team in the Chicago (Shaumburg, IL) location. As an Operations Specialist, you will play a critical role in the process to get equipment to our customers when they need it and at the highest level of Protec quality and excellence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform functional tests on equipment, utilizing standard operating procedures.
- Ensure equipment meets established specifications.
- Ensure calibration of equipment is current.
- Inspect accessories for correct, broken, or missing items, and follow standard operating procedures for reporting issues.
- Utilize company ERP software system to input data necessary to manage inventory.
- Clean and accessorize tools and maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
- Receive equipment in and prepare equipment for shipment.
- Assist team members with fundamental technical issues.
- Assist in quality control and safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful, candidates should demonstrate the following core competencies: commitment, continuous improvement, integrity, ability to empower a team, teamwork, strong communication skills, safety first mentality, and a customer service mindset. Additionally, the ideal candidate must be adaptable, accurate, dependable, possess sound judgment, organizational and time management skills, critical thinking, and openness to development of skills and knowledge.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Strong customer focus, teamwork, organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of ERP system
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Shipping and receiving experience
- Electrical/electronic test and measurement equipment experience a plus
- Experience in rental industry a plus
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Ability to work overtime, weekends or holidays as needed.
- Ability to lift to 55 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Training
- OSHA 10 Training
- Electrical Safety Training
The Inside Sales Representative’s role is to develop business opportunities by responding efficiently to customer inquiries and by aligning customers with the proper equipment and solutions for their electrical testing equipment needs. Primary duties include inbound and outbound calling, email communication, order fulfillment, and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone and email, assist existing and potential customers during their evaluation process, create quotes, enter new customer accounts, coordinate with Outside Sales and Operations teams and close sales
- Keep management informed by maintaining accurate customer and pipeline records
- Provide customers with product information and documentation as requested
- Collaborate with the Territory Manager to assist customers and grow revenue of all Protec business lines within a territory.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager
- Passion for selling and assisting customers
- Enthusiastic and self-starting approach
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical theory, electrical contracting, and/or electrical test equipment
- Efficiently work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Should be outgoing and have outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Sales or customer service experience in B2B
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and Exchange
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools