A relay test set is basically electrical testing equipment that evaluates voltage, currents and frequencies. Understanding the difference between a single phase and a three phase relay test set can help you tremendously.
A single phase test set sends out 100VA single-phase voltage and 180VA single-phase current. A three-phase, on the other hand, has three phase of currents with the first current being 540VA, the second current at 180VA and the third current with 360VA. Three phase relay tests can easily be used with other testing equipment.
• Metering at 0.2 class CTs and Transducers
• End to End testing of Communication Based Schemes with GPS time syncing
• 12 Source, (6-Voltage, 6 Current), configurable for Bench testing and proof of concept testing for complicated relaying schemes
• Standard relay calibration and verification testing of high burden and microprocessor relays
• Protection scheme testing using state simulation and transient testing: powerful models made available in Protection Suite Software
• Metering at 0.2 class CTs and transducers
• IEC61850 testing with 3 packets of 9-2 LE communication protocol and station bus messaging – one fiber and one copper IEC61850 communication port
• Standard relay calibration and verification testing of High Burden and Microprocessor relays
• Increased amplifier power output and ranges (enhanced ratings)
• Powerful current sources for testing even high-burden electromechanical relays
• High current amplitudes for 5 A relay testing
• High accuracy and versatility for testing static and numerical relays of all types