Generators, motors, transformers, cables and switchgear all require effective maintenance. The test techniques on the Megger MIT525 5kV and Megger MIT1025 10kV Insulation Resistance Testers provide valuable diagnostic information.
The MIT525 and MIT1025 are designed for testing the insulation of high-voltage electric equipment, and their wide voltage range also allows applications for low-voltage equipment.
– High-voltage power cables and high-voltage buses
– Large motor/generator windings
– Line and substation transformers
The MIT525 and MIT1025 also perform spot tests, step voltage tests, dielectric discharge tests, ramp tests and dielectric absorption tests for the following applications:
– Acceptance testing at installation to check conformance to specifications.
– Routine preventative/predictive maintenance testing after installation.
– QA testing as part of the manufacturing process.
– Diagnostic testing to isolate faulty components for repair.