It’s possible to eliminate many power quality problems with proper wiring, good grounds, and the bonding to the ground system. Testing grounds and bonding should always be part of any power quality troubleshooting strategy, and one effective method is to use a clamp-on ground tester.
A hand-held test instrument, clamp-on ground testers have a transmitter and receiver built into a split core head, allowing the instrument to clamp onto the rod or ground under test.
clamps around the grounding electrode or conductor and measures the resistance to ground. By performing measurements on intact ground systems, the user also verifies the quality of the grounding connections and bonds. Resistance and continuity of grounding loops around pads and buildings may also be measured.
• Touch voltage is displayed to alert user to potential unsafe conditions
• Large multi-function, bright yellow organic display (OLED) is visible in all lighting conditions
• Selectable test frequency improves accuracy in inductive environments
• Differentiates between loop and ground resistance measurements.
• Data storage (Ω, A,V and µH with time-stamping): Stores up to 300 measurements
• Easy clamp opening via a force compensation trigger system with 35mm clamp diameter
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: