Why test battery systems?
There are three main reasons to test battery systems:
– To insure the supported equipment is adequately backed up
– To prevent unexpected failures by tracking the battery’s health
– To forewarn and/or predict failure
Batteries are complex chemical mechanisms. They have numerous components from grids, active material, posts, jar and cover, etc. – any one of which can fail.
Use the Megger BITE 2P, a Battery Impedance Test Set, to test and trend the state-of-health of either lead-acid or NiCd cells up to 7000 Ah.
• Internal memory for storing measurements, pilot and ambient cell temperatures and ripple current.
• 15-second testing per cell
• RS232 PC connectivity for data analysis and report generation
• Built-in printer
• 100 to 130 volts and 210 to 250 V AC input voltages
• Large digital LC screen
• 6.50 VDC at 1.10 Amperes output
• 0.5% one sigma precision
• 3-second settling time
• EMC Directive 2004/108/EC and LVD Directive 2006/95/EC compliant
• Weighs 8.2kg unpacked