- First and foremost, workers should wear safety equipment such as insulated gloves and goggles.
- Be sure to review the manufacturer’s procedures and guidelines.
- Never touch cables during testing.
- The current total must not exceed peak 5mA.
- Never leave fault current running longer than 10mS.
- Keep children away from electrical equipment particularly during testing
- Make sure testing is complete before removing cable on the cable test equipment.
- Never perform diagnostic tests if you have a health condition.
Protec’s first priority is your understanding of the correct use of test equipment rented from our warehouse. We clean and calibrate every unit prior to rental and make sure that all manuals and instructions are included with each piece of equipment. To find out about renting the equipment you need, call us today at 866.352.5550 or submit your information online so we can contact you.