Secondary injection tests are generally preferred as there is no need for the circuit breaker to interrupt large current and only voltage signals that are sufficiently low are injected into the device.
Secondary injection test kits are another piece of electrical test equipment that assists in testing the health of circuit breakers, and the Square D by Schneider S33595 Secondary Injection Test Set is a full function test kit that is designed to perform tests on Micrologic, NT and STR Trip units.
Square D by Schneider S33595 applications:
• Secondary Injection Testing
• Manual Trip Curve Test
• Automatic Trip Curve Test
• Zone-Selective Interlocking Test
• Ground-Fault Inhibit
• Thermal-Imaging Inhibit
Without a supporting PC, the Square D S33595 may be used to check:
• The mechanical operation of the circuit breaker
• The electrical continuity of the connection between the tripping coil and the trip unit
• Trip unit operation: