It may be difficult to correct power quality issues because the source of distortion are the loads connected to the power line. Some of the common electrical devices like fluorescent lamps, ballasts and switched-mode power supplies are some of the sources of power line distortion. Technicians use compensation banks to suppress the distortion in the electrical line.
A power quality analyzer is a tool for locating, troubleshooting, predicting and preventing power quality issues in power distribution systems. A tester you might be interested in is the Fluke 435 Power Quality Analyzer. It is a 3-phase tester that has a high sampling rate of 200 kS/s per channel. It can measure dips, swells, harmonics, energy, power, unbalance, flicker, inrush current and transients.
- Autotrend recording of measured power parameters
- Internal memory that stores logs, data sets and screens
- 4 channels that lets you to measure current and voltage of all phases
- 600 V CAT IV and 1000 V CAT III safety rating compliant
- Comes with the Power Log software for data analysis and report generation
For your test equipment needs, choose Protec. Call us today at 1-866-352-5550 for more details about our service and the testing equipment rentals.