A three phase transformer winding resistance meter, the Vanguard TRM-403 Transformer Resistance Meter will measure the resistance value for each of the phases without the need to disconnect and reconnect cables for each phase, and can provide a fast and stable reading of very large transformers by utilizing a 60Vdc power supply.
The Vanguard TRM-403 also has a “make-before break” test mode that can be used to test the Load Tap Changer (LTC) or Voltage Regulator contact test sequence, and produces a “Dynamic-Resistance” graph of the LTC or Voltage regulator contact under operation.
The TRM’s built-in LTC/Voltage regulator can be used to conveniently change the LTC/voltage regulator tap position from the Vanguard TRM-403 front panel.
Vanguard TRM-403 features:
- Perform three phase test on transformers without the need to switch cables
- Can provide individual Delta winding resistance values
- Can provide individual Wye (with no neutral) winding resistance values
- Demagnetize transformer after test
- Selectable test current from 1A to 20A (TRM-203) and 1A to 40A (TRM-403)
- Computer-control via RS-232C, USB, or bluetooth interface
- Built-in 2.5″ wide thermal printer