The Insulation Resistance (IR) test is a quantitative test which indicates the effectiveness of a product’s electrical insulation. Applications include cables, transformers, motors/generators, circuit breakers and bushings.
The Megger MIT1025 10-kV Insulation Resistance Tester is designed for testing the insulation of high-voltage electric equipment. The tester’s wide voltage range also allows applications for low-voltage equipment, and the test techniques on the instrument provides valuable diagnostic information.
The Megger MIT1025 tests the insulation resistance of:
• High-voltage power cables and high-voltage buses
• Large motor/generator windings
• Line and substation transformers
The Megger MIT1025 also perform spot tests, stepvoltage tests, dielectric discharge tests, ramp tests, and dielectric absorption tests for the following applications:
• Acceptance testing at installation to check conformance to specifications.
• Routine preventive/predictive maintenance testing after installation.
• QA testing as part of the manufacturing process.
• Diagnostic testing to isolate faulty components for repair.