A low resistance ohmmeter can be used to identify many of the issues that stem from poor electrical connections. Contact resistance is a term used to characterize the quality of an electrical connection. Electrical bonds are a component of everything that requires a connection to an electrical path such as junction boxes,bus work, circuit breakers and switches to name a few. Poor connections can lead to excessive heating, premature equipment failure and damage to the electrical system itself. A good testing and maintenance program will include a low resistance ohmmeter to ensure the quality of electrical connections.
The Megger DLRO600 600A Digital Microhmmeter measures resistances between 0.1 µohms and 999.9 mΩ, at high currents.
- Small and weighs less than 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Test currents from 10 A to 600 A dc
- 0.1 µohms best resolution
- On board memory for up to 300 test results and notes
- RS-232 port to download stored results or for real time output to a printer
- Supplied complete with 16.4 ft (5 m) test leads and download software
The Megger DLRO10HD 10A Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter is a Heavy Duty DLRO that can supply 10 amps of current at 250 milli-ohms resistance (AVO DLRO)
- Rugged case well suited for transportation and includes a lead set pouch
- Removable lid facilitates easy test lead connection
- Operational ingress protection is IP54 (battery power only) ensuring protection from the elements
- 7 Ah lead acid battery provides extended operation and can be charged whilst operating from line power
- Rotary mode switch with bidirectional (current reversal with averaging cancels thermal EMFs), unidirectional, automatic, continuous and inductive modes
- Large, clear LCD display with backlight and contrast adjustment
- Auto power off function conserves battery
The Megger DLRO200-115 200A Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter provides test currents from 10 amps up to 200 amps, subject to the load resistance and supply voltage.
• Small and weighs less than 32 lbs (15 kg)
• Test currents from 10 A to 200 A d.c.
• Filtered direct current output eliminates magnetic transients
• 0.1 µΩ best resolution
• On board memory for up to 300 test results and notes
• RS-232 port to download stored results or for real time output to a printer
• Supplied complete with 16 ft. (5 m) test leads and download software
Wherever the job takes you (and the equipment), with Protec’s multiple locations, we always ship from the office closest to your desired drop location (if the electrical test equipment you need is in-stock at that location), and the equipment can be returned to the nearest office.
We always consider ALL shipping options in order to save you the most time and money.
Also, if you happen to be close to one of our many office locations, walk-ins are always welcome!
Rely on the Electrical Test Equipment Rental Experts, we are there when and where you need us.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published August, 2014 and has been updated freshness, accuracy and comprehensiveness.