The Megger CFL535G Advanced Dual Channel TDR is a state of the art, dual channel, high resolution, compact Time Domain Reflectometer with a color screen for locating faults on paired metallic cables.
The CFL535G has a minimum resolution of 0.3 ft /0.1 m and a 60 kft/20 km maximum range depending on the velocity factor selected and the cable type.
Five output impedances are available (25, 50, 75, 100, 125 ohms) and an auto impedance matching feature, and the velocity factor can be set between 0.2 and 0.99 to meet any cable test requirements.
Megger CFL535G Advanced Dual Channel TDR features:
- 600 V CAT IV input protection filter built in (Model TDR2050)
- Step and pulse TDR selections
- Distance dependent gain
- Test straight from the box
- Trace tagging
- 2ns pulse width
- Designed for use on all metallic paired cables
- Personnel involved in the location of cable faults as part of a responsive or routine maintenance program.
- Electrical inspectors during quality checks following work on all new cable installations and modifications to existing cable installations.
- Testing reels of cable for shipping damage, cable shortages, cable usage, and inventory management.
- Testing for faults on hidden cabling in vehicles such as trains and airplanes where access is restricted, and voltage may be present.
- Tracking down illegal connections (taps) on the power system.
- Checking for performance on umbilical cables in oceanographic and mining situations.
- Maintaining rail network signal communications and power cabling.
- Ensuring safe and efficient state of commercial heating and air conditioning cable.
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: