The Megger Battery Ground-Fault Locator (BGL) simplifies the tracking of ground faults on floating dc-powered control systems.
Featuring automatic operation,the Megger Battery Ground-Fault Locator can be used on live battery systems and has the unique capability of detecting, tracking and locating multiple faults on a battery system without having to resort to sectionalizing.
This is accomplished by injecting a low-amplitude 25 Hertz test signal on either the positive or negative side of the power bus and tracking the signal with one of several available clamp-on sensor probes.
A fault simulator also is provided with the instrument, allowing the periodic verification of the resistance and capacitance ranges of the Megger BGL.
Megger Battery Ground-Fault Locator (BGL) Features and Benefits
• Reads resistance directly (1 ohm to 100 kilohms)
• Locates single or multiple ground faults
• Operates on floating or resistance-grounded battery systems
• Operates on live battery systems
• Operates in the presence of surge-correction capacitors
• Fused output leads for maximum user safety
• Battery operated with internal automatic charger
• Measures capacitance
• Lightweight and portable
• Tough polyethylene plastic sealed enclosure that provides high shock and vibration resistance