Vanguard Instruments Company was founded in 1991, and from its inception, the company’s vision has been to develop and manufacture innovative test equipment for use in testing substation EHV circuit breakers and other electrical apparatus.
One of Vanguard’s state-of-the-art products is the second generation load tap changer analyzer, the Vanguard LTCA-40 . This unit accurately measures winding resistance of highly inductive power transformers.
Triple resistance-reading channels allow the Vanguard LTCA-40 Load Tap Changer Analyzer to measure three winding resistances simultaneously. Four-wire (Kelvin) connections provide high accuracy and require no lead compensation. A special feature of the LTCA-40 is its ability to measure and graph the resistance trace of a transformer LTC during operation. Using a 60Vdc power supply, the unit is capable of outputting 40 amperes.
- Auto discharge circuit for operator safety
- 3 resistance reading channels including one dynamic channel
- Digital resistance reading from 1 micro-ohm to 500 ohms
- Calculate equivalent resistance value at reference temperature
- Stores 50 static records and 20 dynamic records
- Built-in 4.5-inch thermal printer
- Weighs less than 44 lbs.