Micro-ohmeters measure contact resistance of switch and circuit breakers, aircraft frame bonds, and rail and pipeline bonds just to name a few of the applications.
Micro-Ohmmeters are devices used to measure junction resistance of joined conductors. The resistance of the junction can tell you the internal condition of the joined metals. But how does junction resistance tell you the condition of metal joints? The gaps in joined conductors may accumulate contaminants like moisture, dirt and grease. These contaminants have a higher resistance compared to the conductors. Since they accumulate in between the joined metals, they introduce resistance.
The AEMC 6250 Micro-Ohmmeter is a four-input, manual-ranging meter with seven test current/resistance ranges for precise, low-resistance measurements from 0.1 microohm (μΩ) to 2,500 ohms (Ω) of inductive samples such as coils, transformers, and motor windings and resistive samples such as ground bonding, coatings, and contact resistances.leads and measures the resistance.
AEMC 6250 Micro-Ohmmeter features:
• Test current selection of 1mA, 10mA, 100mA, 1A and 10A
• RTD temperature probe to check tested sample (optional)
• Selectable metal types
• Automatic and manual temperature correction
• EMF levels measured and eliminated in measurement
• Two programmable alarm set points
• Stores up to 1500 test results
• Selectable Inductive and Resistance test modes
• Automatic multiple test mode (multiple tests without pressing the button)
• Large multi-line electroluminescent display
• Local or remote test setup and control
• Direct printout
• Internal rechargeable batteries – conduct up to 5000 10A tests
• Rugged, double insulated waterproof case
• CE Mark