Electrical tests check the instruments for the following:
1. The earthing and bonding is proper and meets standard regulations
2. The control gear and the switch gear is suitable and in proper condition
3. Sockets, switches, light fittings etc. are in working condition and replacement of faulty equipment
4. The wiring system is checked for consistency and serviceability
5. Sockets that are used for plugging in outdoor equipment should have devices for residual current
6. The extent of damage and deterioration should be measured and maintenance done on time
The Right Equipment
It is important to use the right electrical test equipment (http://protecequip.com/customer/rental.aspx) if you wish to carry out successful electric tests. The test probes, lamps, leads, measuring devices, and voltage detection devices etc. should be chosen with care and used with the proper precautions.
1. Test for voltage
2. Measurement of voltage
3. Measurement of current, resistance, induction or capacitance
It is important to use suitable electric test equipment for these tests, as the wrong instrument may harm your electric facility and cause loss of life and machinery.
Unsuitable leads, voltage indicators, test probes etc. may cause arcs if they are not properly insulated or if excessive current is drawn through them. A multimeter that is not being used properly and is not set to the value being measured may cause this. Exposed live terminals, use of low quality test equipment and lack of knowledge about the operation of these instruments may result in serious mishaps and make you vulnerable to electric shocks and fire hazards.
Hence, it is evident that the selection of the right electrical test equipment that complies with the international safety standards is very essential if you wish to perform electrical tests. There are many manufacturers that provide electrical test equipment.
Protec Equipment Recources is a company specializing in electrical test equipment rental and retail services. We stock all major brands such as Megger, Fluke, and Doble etc. and make sure that the equipment complies with the preset safety standards. Protec prides itself on quick, efficient and reliable service. Whether you wish to rent electrical test equipment or buy it, we can help out.