The HV Diagnostics EZ-Cable ID Test Instrument allows electrical testing personnel to accurately and effectively identify either one or three cables or cores anywhere along the length of the cable in one identification process. This can be done on both single phase and three phase networks. In addition to identifying the correct cable and phase, the resultant current and frequency in a cable can also be measured by the instrument.
The test set consists of 3 main items: A receive (Rx), transmitter (Tx), and inductive clamp/s, all housed in a rugged, injection molded carrying case. The instrument is extremely easy to use and can be powered by either the internal battery, AC mains or from an auxiliary 12V DC supply. The receiver has a backlit LCD display, is battery operated, housed in a rugged, rubber holster and has a flexible pickup coil to easily wrap around cables.
Correct identification of a cable is often required for many types of applications. These include the “cutting in” of a new transformer or switch into an existing cable, correct identification of cables in a trench, manhole, or cable tray, before spiking/cutting- the list goes on. The EZ-Cable ID unit offers enhanced identification of energized cables, even those carrying high load currents that often cause other ID units on the market to malfunction.
• Extremely simple, menu operated, backlit user interface
• Simultaneous single and multi (3) phase identification
• Can be used on energized and de-energized circuits
• 3 cables can be identified in one action
• Can be used on single and multicore cables
• Non-volatile memory to store parameters
• Load current and frequency measurement
• Excellent noise immunity
• Flexible pickup coil for congested locations
• Powered by integrated battery or external AC mains.
• Correct phasing and identification of a three phase cable system, without having to remove any safety grounds on the cable
• Prevents user from inadvertently changing gain/sensitivity settings
• Sophisticated algorithm assures accuracy during identifying process.
• Connection error notification– instrument notifies operator of a poor connection hookup
• Use on LV, MV, and transmission cable systems
• ID of cables through multiple transformers
• Rugged transport case includes accessory pouch
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec:
Wherever the job takes you (and the equipment), with Protec’s multiple locations, we always ship from the office closest to your desired drop location (if the electrical test equipment you need is in-stock at that location), and the equipment can be returned to the nearest office.
We always consider ALL shipping options in order to save you the most time and money.
Also, if you happen to be close to one of our many office locations, walk-ins are always welcome!
Rely on the Electrical Test Equipment Rental Experts, we are there when and where you need us.