The ETI PI-6000 Primary Circuit Breaker Test Set is a versatile and technologically advanced primary injection test set capable of testing circuit breakers up to 6000 amperes frame size. It incorporates an output transformer with dual primaries to facilitate its use on power sources of 480 VAC as well as 240 and 208 VAC, and dual secondaries to provide optimal impedance matching to a wide range of breaker sizes. An internal voltage sensor automatically configures the AC control power section to be energized only when properly configured for the applied voltage.
The ETI PI-6000 features dual temperature protection, one for the output bus, and the other for the vernier Powersatat™. If either temperature exceeds a safe operating level, the interlock is asserted and the output section is de-energized. Primary catastrophic overload protection for the test set is accomplished with input fuses having high interrupting current capacity.
Using SCR’s the ETI PI-6000 eliminates closing time errors. Initiation at the zero crossover point eliminates DC offset in the current waveform and results in accurate, repeatable test results even with short-duration currents for high speed solid state or electromechanical trip devices.
- Input: 208-240 or 480 VAC +/- 10% (Switch Selectable)
- Test up to 6000 Amp Circuit Breakers
- Digital Memory Ammeter Controller MAC-20
- Programmable Output Phase Angle with SCR Controller
- Motorized Vernier with Manual Override for Fast Adjustment
- Regulate Current Hold Feature for Long Time Testing
- Preset ON Times For Convenient Jogging of Output Currents
- Rugged Solid Copper Universal & Horizontal 1/2” and 3/4” Output Stabs
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: