Since 1929, Doble equipment has been used in the field for AC dielectric-loss and power-factor testing as it applies to electrical insulation of high-voltage devices. Recognized as one of the single most effective methods for locating defective insulation, today the dielectric-loss and power-factor test is often referred to as the Doble Test, primarily because of the extensive use and unique capabilities of Doble field-test equipment.
Use of the Doble M4000/M4100 Power Analysis for field and factory acceptance, preventive-maintenance, and emergency diagnostic testing of all types of electrical power apparatus insulation to detect changes, and possible failure hazards, prevents loss of service by permitting orderly repair or reconditioning of defective insulation.
The Doble M4000/M4100 Power Analysis is able to perform these tests:
• Power factor analysis to make sure that insulation integrity is maintained
• Turns ratio testing for detection of winding damage or shorted turns
• Capacitance test to measure any physical change that might harm the apparatus
• Excitation current tests to make sure that transformer’s magnetizing current is optimal
• Short circuit impedance testing to find any possible problems in winding