IRIS Power Electromagnetic Core Imperfection Detection Test Set – EL CID Evolution operates at only 4% of normal operating flux. This low flux is generated by a portable, quickly installed excitation kit.
Any imperfection in the core inter-laminar insulation produces fault currents, which are detected by a Chattock coil and analyzed by the EL CID Evolution signal-processing unit.
Measurement results are digitally stored in a laptop for analysis and report generation to precisely locate the faults in the stator core. Future results can be compared to past results for trend analysis.
EL CID Evolution features:
• Fast test scanning (up to 120mm/sec @60Hz)
• Easy excitation calculations
• Simple testing with dual Chattocks
• User-friendly LCD display to guide user operation
• Combine step-iron data with main core traces
• Easily identify “hot spots” via colour map display
• Fully compatible with existing data RAPID
EL CID Evolution Safety:
• Uses only 120/230V power for excitation and operation
• Double insulation to minimize operator risks
• Low excitation flux level eliminates risk of further interlamination insulation damage (as might occur during ring flux heating of an un-cooled core)
With offices in Texas, Illinois and New Jersey, Protec offers a full stocks of electrical test and measurement equipment, with rental options that work for you.