- Cable joints and bus bar connections
- Contact and switch breaker resistance
- Reliability of welded joints
- Static control circuits and aircraft frame bonds
- Resistive component quality control
- Inter-cell connections or links on battery systems, equaling 600 V peak
- Motor winding and transformer resistance
- Graphite electrodes
- Metal alloys, fuse resistance and welds
- Lightning conductor and transmitter aerial bonding
- Cable and wire resistance
Advantages and features
Some of the benefits and characteristics of the two digital microhmmeters include:
- Lightweight, small, and handy – Using these devices, testing can be carried out in tight places. This avoids the need for two person operation and extra long leads.
- 4 terminal resistance method calculates the real resistance of the item being tested.
- LCD (DLRO 10X) and Bright LED (DLRO 10) displays are clearly visible under any sort of lighting condition, which reduces human error.
- Automatically applies reverse and forward currents which annul any standing voltages in the sample being tested.
- Checks for excessive noise during resistance measurement, which reduces the risk of recording any inaccurate result.
There are several measurement modes available, both on the DLRO 10 and DLRO 10X. With version V2.0 firmware the following modes are active on the 2 devices:
- Normal mode
- Continuous mode
- Auto mode
- Inductive mode
- Unidirectional mode