With exposure to temperature fluctuations, electrical and mechanical stress and weathering, the reliability of insulators decreases, which may cause problems like power losses, short circuits, accidental electrocution of personnel and electrical system failure.
The Megger MIT525 5-kV Insulation Resistance Tester can conduct automatic Step Voltage, Ramp and Dielectric Discharge tests. It also features a real time clock and PC connectivity through USB and RS232 ports. The PC connectivity allows advanced results analysis using the PowerDB Lite software.
• Analog and Digital display
• Operation through batteries or through AC mains
• Variable voltage from 50 Volts to 1 kiloVolts at 10 Volts increments
• Variable voltage from 1 kiloVolts to 5 kiloVolts at 25 volts increments
• Measurement of voltage, capacitance, time constant and leakage current
• Automatic Insulation Resistance, Polarization Index, Ramp, Step Voltage, Dielectric Discharge and Dielectric Absorption Ratio testing
• Built-in timer control and display
• 3 milliAmpere test current
• Measurement of resistance from 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ
• USB and RS232 ports
• Real time clock
• Alarm limit mode
• 3 milliAmpere noise rejection
• 2 percent error guarding 500 kΩ leakage with a 100 MΩ
• Included accessories:
• Manual CD
• Power lead
• 3-meter leadset with medium insulated clips
• USB cable
• PowerDB Lite Software
For a higher test voltage output and a wider range of resistance measurement check out the Megger MIT1025 10-kV Insulation Resistance Tester.