Power disturbances like harmonics and voltage spikes can cause premature deterioration of motors, transformers and cause erratic operation of other equipment. It is essential to regularly assess the power quality to help reduce power losses and prevent unexpected failures.
There are a number of power quality analyzers on the market today. If you are thinking of getting one, you might want to consider Fluke Power Quality Analyzers. Theses devices offer excellent measurement capabilities and are easy to use. Their unprecedented accuracy and resolution makes them a favorite of many technicians. You’ll never miss capturing power disturbances and they can give you complete visibility of your electrical system. Below are some of the popular analyzers of Fluke.
A comprehensive system with good features suitable for detailed power quality investigations. It is a simple to use recorder with a wireless handheld PDA as your control and display interface.
- No PC setup needed
- Wireless PDA with a 45-feet range
- Diagrams for common power network configurations
- Built-in Uninterruptible Power Supply Unit
- Automatic and self-learning threshold adjustment. No need to configure threshold limits.
- IEC 610000-4-30 Class A measurement compliant
- Quick and easy configuration
- Can measure ever power parameter in the electrical system
- Allows internal swapping of test leads if the connections are incorrect
- SD storage card and 100BaseT Ethernet connection allows easy data transfer
- Power Analyze PC application
- Current and cross-channel triggering to capture every power quality parameter
Three-phase power quality recorders that allows accurate assessment of power quality in electrical distribution systems. They are IEC Class A compliant for measuring power quality and flicker. This feature reduces the guess work in power quality analysis.
- Measures virtually every electrical system parameter:
o Voltage changes
- Built-in logger function records every measurement automatically
- Four-channel inputs
- AutoScaling feature that helps you easily analyze trends by automatically scaling the vertical axis
- Automated transient display
- 600V CAT IV and 1000V CAT III compliant
- IEC 61000-4-30 measurement specifications compliant
- Durable and rugged design
- Cursor and zoom tools for extensive trend analysis
The Fluke 43B is optimized for 50 Hertz industrial applications. Its frequency range extends well from 10 to 400 Hertz which makes this analyzer also suitable for railway, aviation and marine applications. It is also the only device that combines the measurement capabilities of a 20 MHz oscilloscope, data recorder, multimeter and power quality analyzer in one tester.
- Measures W, VAR, VA, DPF and PF
- 10 to 400 Hertz frequency range
- Automatic calculation of power factor and power on balanced three-phase loads
- Measures current, voltage and harmonics up to the 51st
- Automated capturing of up to 40 transients in as fast as 40 ns
- Can measure motor inrush
- Automated Connect and View triggering for instant display of a stable waveform
- Dual-channel oscilloscope
- On-screen cursor tools for easy signal analysis
- Multimeter function: measures resistance, capacitance, continuity and can test diodes
- Allows temperature measurements through an optional temperature probe
- Can record 2 power parameters for up to 16 days
- Internal memory can store up to 4000 voltage events
- FlukeView Software allows logging of power quality parameters and analysis
- Powered by a NIMH battery with an operating time of 6.5 hours
- Easy to use system. Choose the application and it automatically sets-up itself
- Storage for 20 memories of data and screens
For your testing needs, consider getting the equipment you need from Protec Equipment Resources. You can choose from a wide selection of equipment and acquisition options. We carry brands like Fluke, Doble, GE, ABB and more. Please contact our applications specialists today at 1-866-352-5550 for more details about our services and to request for a quote.