The Dranetz PX5 Power Quality Analyzer is a strong power monitoring instrument, and it is very easy to set up and use. It has many applications, and some of them are:
1. Fast transient capture: The Dranetz PX5 Power Quality Analyzer uses high speed digital sampling to test microsecond wide transients. It delivers a complete profile, and the events are time stamped, taking each millisecond into consideration. This way the exact source of the event can be captured.
2. Diagnostics and power quality surveys: The inbuilt characterizer of the Dranetz PX5 directly supports gathering survey data and troubleshooting processes to improve equipment reliability and power quality.
3. Capacitor switching elements: There is one drawback of capacitors- when they are switched, they yield oscillatory transients. Transients can propagate through local power systems and cause damage to processes and equipment. The PX5 Power Quality Analyzer identifies and captures these transients.
4. Imbalance and load distribution: The PX5 Power Quality Analyzer measures a complete range of vector, arithmetic, and sequencing parameters that are given in IEEE 1459. It finds out the distortion and restores balanced loads.
5. Flicker: The PX5 can capture flicker data as given in IEC 6100-4-15. This can be evaluated with the help of Dran View visualization, along with reporting and analysis software.
Protec offers multiple locations to better serve your needs, and electrical testing equipment rental options that work for you.
Editors Note: This blog was orginally posted on May 13, 2013