One of the most common methods of testing the internal condition of storage cells is by measuring the internal impedance. This test is conducted by passing an AC voltage through the storage cell. If there are any problems in the internal condition of the battery, the impedance will increase. The measured results are compared to baseline data to determine the amount of deviation.
If you are thinking of getting a battery impedance tester, you might want to check out the BITE 3 Battery Impedance Test Set from Megger. This Megger meter can determine the condition of lead-acid storage batteries up to 2000 Ampere Hours. Other features of the Megger BITE 3 Battery Impedance Test Set include:
- • Automatic Pass, Fail and Warning calculations
- • Also allows you to measure cell voltage, interconnection resistance, ripple and float currents
- • Powered by Windows CE and a 32 MB internal memory
- • Lets you document battery testing requirements as defined by NERC PRC-005-2
- • IEEE450, IEEE 1106 and IEEE 1188 compliant
- • PowerDB LITE Analysis Software
If you are interested in the Megger BITE 3 Battery Impedance Test Set, consider getting one from Protec. You have the option to rent, lease or buy the BITE3 tester. Please contact us at 1-866-352-5550 for a quotation on battery testing equipment.