One of the most common issues in an electrical system is bad power quality. This is when the electrical line has a high level of distortion like voltage spikes, harmonics and other power variations. Ideally, the AC mains should have a a sine wave free from distortion. However, when non-linear loads are attached to the electrical line, the waveform distorts. Correcting bad power quality can be difficult for most due to the fact that most of the devices that cause bad power quality are everyday devices like rectifiers, SMPS in computers, ballasts and heaters.
In order to correct bad power quality, technicians need to determine the type and how much distortion is present in the AC mains. Power quality analyzers are the devices used to measure and determine the distortion in the power line. If you are thinking of getting a new analyzer, consider the 435 Fluke Power Quality Analyzer. Some of the features include:
- Three phase power quality measurement at 200 kS/s on each channel
- Can also analyze power quality in single phase systems
- Cursors and zoom tools allow you to analyzer trends
- USB Connectivity for enhanced analysis and data transfer
- FlukeView Power Quality Analyzer Software
You can rent, lease or purchase this analyzer from Protec Equipment Resources. Do not hesitate to contact us at 1-866-352-5550 to learn more about this analyzer.